Friday, June 14, 2013

Five on Friday




To be honest, I haven't been very interested in this little blog (I know it's hard to tell by all the posting I've been doing), but really not much has been going on.  In an effort to get back on the wagon, I decided to try a little link up party.  Who doesn't love a party, right?

1. I have officially been on summer vacation for 7 days and I have spent 4 of those day in some Common Core Professional Development.  Honestly, I wasn't too excited about starting my summer off this way, but after it was all said and done, it was really good work time.  I learned a lot and now  have the rest of the summer to play. 

2. Our houses (yes, that's plural) REALLY need to sell.  I'm beyond ready for my big girl house.  We have two move-in ready, 1100 square foot, 2 bedrooms/2 bathroom homes for sell.  They were perfect for us before, but we have outgrown them with all our stuff.  My parents would appreciate them selling also, as most of my "extra" stuff is being stored in my old room at home.

3.  At the end of our professional development yesterday, we watched this wonderful video called Caine's Arcade.  Teacher or not, this is a great video to watch.  It is a child's creativity on display at its best! 



"The Fun Pass is an awesome deal."

This is the movement is caused!  Unbelievable!  A true example of how one adult taking time out of thier day to foster a child's idea can change a life forever.



4. I'm FINALLY headed to the beach this weekend for a few days and I can't wait.  I might already be packed and ready to go. It's amazing what the ocean and some sand can do for the soul.


5. I can't believe someone vandalized my beloved Tigers Howard's Rock.  I'll be nice with my words, but someone broke into the stadium and tried to steal the rock that every player touches as they run down the hill.  I knew that this rock had a lot of history, but it wasn't until I was reading a few articles this week that I fully understood it all.  I won't get on my soapbox about this, but to keep it simple I really hope they find this person and for anyone else that may think about doing this, in the words of a famous Tiger that came before me, "Keep your filthy hands off our rock!"

 
 
Happy Weekend Y'all!
 


1 comment:

  1. Hi from a fellow Clemson grad:) And teacher! :) Glad you linked up!

    ReplyDelete