Well, I'm not exactly a top chef, but I did find a yummy recipe that is even easiest enough for me. (If you know me at all-I DO NOT enjoy cooking, and in fact keep the take out buisness busy, but love food TV. Weird, I know) As a frequent FOOD Network viewer, I came across Paula Deene making this recipe from her restaurant.
Lady and Sons Chicken in Wine Sauce
4 Large Skinless, Boneless Chicken Breasts
4 Tablespoons butter, melted
Salt and Pepper
6 ounces (about 8 slices) Swiss Cheese
1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
1/4 cup white wine
1 cup herb-flavored stuffing mix, crushed
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Add the chicked to a shallow buttered casserole and season with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Layer the cheese slices on top.
4. In a bowl, add the soup and the wine, season with salt and pepper and pour over the cheese.
5. Sprinkle stuffing mix on top and drizzle with melted butter. (Oops! I forgot to crush it, next time.) Bake for 45 minutes.
Cook's Note: If desired, use more butter, Gotta love some Paula :)
Serve with a green veggie and dinner is served. Clearly, I need practice with plating food, but it sure was good. Try and Enjoy! Thanks Paula!
the Friday five
2 days ago