Saturday, August 14, 2010

Back to School Shopping...

Yes, I still get a new first day of school outfit, just like when we were growing up. I mean you have to treat yourself after working so hard to get ready for the children, right? Well, for the past couple of years mom and I have traveled to Charlotte to go back to school shopping. Honestly, I did a lot of this at the outlets in Hilton Head, so my goal today was a first day of school outfit. I have written before about my love affair with Anthropologie and I could have very easily purchased everything in the store today. However, I practiced self control and only got one dress...


The picture doesn't quite do it justice, very cute on. And the nice lady checking me out pointed out that the belt can be changed out to get more looks out of it.

Sidenote: I have to admit I don't think we were on our A game and didn't realize how spent we were from going back to work. We were a little sluggish and out of it.

After we ate a yummy lunch at the Cheesecake Factory, Mom and I discovered a new yogurt place, Yoforia. Can I just say GENIUS idea! Here is how it works:

Think Do-It-Yourself Marble Slab style

Step 1: Sanitize your hands. (I appreciated their effort for cleanliness.)

Step 2: Take your yogurt cup. (These were rather large, enough for all appetites.)

Step 3: Choose your flavor or flavors self serve style-one, two, or a little bit of everything.

Step 4: Add your toppings. They have everything from fresh fruit to Captain Crunch. I personally found it hard to think someone would want Captain Crunch in your frozen yogurt, but whatever floats your boat.

Step 5: Weigh and Pay. 39 cents an ounce.

Then eat!

So new outfit and all...bring on the first day of school.

2 comments: