A new, tasty, easy tailgate treat...Tiger Tails. I found these in a magazine and they were originally Tigger Tails and part of a Winnie the Pooh birthday party....I however knew instantly what I could do with them.
Here's the How-To:
1 (14 ounce) bag of orange candy melts *I used the Wilton Candy Melts from Michael's*
1/2 cup all vegetable shortening divided into 2
1/2 (14 ounce) bag of chocolate candy melts *again, I used the Wilton brand.*
1 (10 ounce) bag of pretzel rods
1. Microwave orange candy melts and a 1/4 cup of the shortening. Microwave in 30 seconds intervals, stirring each time, until melted.
2. Dip pretzel rods 3/4 of the way into melted orange candy. I ended up pouring the melted candy into a glass to make it easier.
3. Place pretzel rods on wax paper to dry.
4. Melt the chocolate candy melts the same as the orange.
5. Spoon chocolate over pretzels to make stripes. (This method did not work for me, so I made a homemade pastry bag out of a ziplock and then made the stripes. This worked much better.)
6. Let chocolate dry and enjoy!
*I doubled my recipe and it was just as easy.
Five on Friday | Four Things I'm Loving
12 hours ago