Friday, October 28, 2011

They say its your birthday!






Well friends, I am writing my first post in a new decade of my life-I turned the big 3-0 yesterday. When did this happen? It feels like yesterday I was living it up on the campus of Clemson University.

Thanks to some fabulous family, friends, and students I had a perfect day...well almost perfect. But pretty darn close. Josh had class until 10:00 so I didn't get to celebrate with him last night, but we are celebrating tomorrow instead.


The day started with Josh getting up at "dark-thirty" as he likes to call it and giving me my gift. He did very good and stuck to the list I gave him and I opened this...









Source: dooney.com via Maggie on Pinterest








LOVE IT!!!
My wonderful day continued at work with a sweet banner my teammates made me. They also treated me with little surprises all throughout the day. Everytime a student came to my door, they had a "little something" with a sweet note. I racked up with some yummy snacks, a koozie with a Diet Coke (only makes it better), a folder, and some pens...they were too sweet to think of me like that. Some of my students also were very thoughtful and got me a few gifts. To top the day off my Homeroom moms got the kids together for another surprise while I left the room for a few minutes. When I returned they each had a flower, sang happy birthday to me, and all came up individually giving me a flower and told me what they liked about me...too precious! I ended the day after school by getting my "hair did" with some fun fall color.








I had so many sweet facebook messages, text messages, cards and phone calls also. Turning 30 was made a bit easier by all the wonderful people in my life. I'm so thankful for everything and everyone! I believe the 30's are looking good already!





No comments:

Post a Comment