Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

I love St. Patrick's Day! I don't have a particular reason...maybe it's because it's a no gift kind of holiday, so there is no stress on finding the right gift. Or maybe it's because in my younger years (aka college years) we had loads-o-fun celebrating the luck of the Irish. Not sure, but I sure do love it.

It's hard to believe it has been eleven years since I was in Ireland during St. Patrick's Day. I'm for sure getting old. I was very, very fortunate to have the opportunity to travel to Ireland and participate in the original St. Patrick's Day Parade with my high school dance team. It was so much fun and a once in a lifetime opportunity. I would humor you with some old pictures, but they are at my parent's house in the "stuff that belongs to Ashlee but she has no room for it" pile....darn :) I would love to go back as an adult now and visit again. Good food, beautiful landscapes, interesting people...there is so much to do and see.

I don't have any particular plans this year, just enjoying the day. How boring, I know. I hope everyone stayed pinch free today...Green is good!

1 comment:

  1. I was in that same parade 15 years ago. :) What a beautiful country. Chris promises to take me back one day.

    ReplyDelete