Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Under the Sea...

I just went on the best field trip ever.

I know...I'm a dork, but this trip was fabulous! I think it should be the new standard South Carolina Third Grade Field Trip. We traveled to Charleston Aquarium bright and early on Tuesday morning. I don't think I have ever been up that early....4:15...Crazy early, but well worth it. Our plan was to visit the aquarium, eat a picnic lunch, and then head to Waterfront Park, but the weather had other plans for us. The sky fell out while we were inside the aquarium. We, the teachers, made a mad dash in the rain to get all the lunches and coolers and bring them back to the covered shelter. After lunch we drove around Charleston looking at the sites to see if the rain was going to clear out, but no luck, so we headed home. In all of this I had on white jeans. Go figure, I would wear white when it rains all day. Nonetheless, we had a wonderful time! I think I had as much fun as the kids inside the aquarium. Here are a few from the 200 pictures I took....


The weather didn't start off too bad...


Oysters!




I couldn 't resist!







I couldn't get enough of the Loggerhead Sea Turtle...love them!




This is how our day ended...not ideal, but I hope I get to take another group back next year!


No comments:

Post a Comment