Wednesday, June 27, 2012

The Dailey Dish

Hello, I'm Ashlee and I'm a totally nerd.  Yes, I love a good organized notebook...way too much.  I get way too much enjoyment from dividers, sheet protectors, and labels.  However, a notebook must be cute and neat.  There is something that makes it look polished with typed labels...my handwriting is just not a polished.  Anywho, in my spare time this week I decided to tackle a recipe/meal planning binder.  I had thought about it before, but after we were talking to some friends at a party on Saturday about it, I jumped on it.  After all my days are filled with lots extra time and not particular schedule these days.  I went to my local Office Max and purchased the cute paper, clear dividers, and photo pages.  I got the notebook and sheet protectors from Target since these items were a little more than I was willing to spend at Office Max.  After some organizing, this is how it turned out.


 I found these on pinterest and printed a few. 
via CraftSewCreate.com
 
 After some searching pinterest on some others notebooks, I decided on five main sections for now.  Appetizers, Soups & Salads, Side Dishes, Main Dishes, and Desserts.
 I used the photo pages for the recipe cards I already had written.  They fit perfect into a 4x6 section. 
Finally, I used the regular page protectors for recipes I had printed out. 

The grand total for the project, about $20.  Not to bad.  Cooking is not one of my favorite things to do and I don't enjoy the grocery store, so I'm hoping this notebook will help me enjoy it more...or at least make it managable.  I meal planned for a week or two last fall and it really helped, so I'm hoping to get back on board. It cut out those after work grocery store trips wandering around the store thinking "What are we going to have for dinner?"   My thinking is by having all the recipes in one place with the meal planner that we won't have to have the same ole stuff all the time.  Everything I need will be in one place when I sit down to do the weekly grocery store trip.  Fingers crossed this will work...

No comments:

Post a Comment