Saturday, June 16, 2012

Punta Cana: The Rest of the Trip

Well Friends, it has been awhile.  But I have survived yet another school year and put year 8 in the books.   I thought I would use my newly found free time to catch up on the ole blog, beginning with the rest of our unbelievable honeymoon.  
 
 We did a lot of this.  Lounging, eating, sleeping, sunning (me at least, notice I'm not under the umbrella), and relaxing.  We did take a day for a catamaran excursion.  We were on the Pacific side of the ocean, so they told us (I had no idea) and we travelled over to the Caribbean side to see the clear blue water.  They took us to a "private island" for lunch and some time to explore.  The whole excursion felt like a Spring Break for adults, but it was fun none the less.  I did end up cutting my foot on a shell or something on the bottom of the ocean, so I had some nice native folks, who barely spoke English, aiding me while Josh was off getting a beach side massage, nice huh?  He did feel bad after the fact, so just another story to add to our adventure together.  

 I blame this on the rum :)



 After seeing this I need to get back on the wedding diet ASAP.

Taking my Tiger pride everywhere.

 


 We did travel back to the airport in style...an amazing helicopter ride!  The views were beautiful, but it also saved us an hour and a half bus ride.  We were done with bumpy bus rides by the end of the trip.  I have to admit I was a little nervous, but once we were in the air I was fine.  I took about a million pictures thanks to my "sports" feature on the camera, but I won't bore you with all of those.  A quick 15 minutes later we were at the airport to go home.







We had a wonderful time and would go back tomorrow if we could.  If you have the chance to visit the Dominican Republic, go! 

No comments:

Post a Comment