Friday, January 21, 2011

Catching Up

The snow and ice have melted and we are finally back into a normal routine, well as normal as it normally gets. Last week we continued to be out of school due to the Blizzard of 2011...needless to say I was happy to see it go. Here is a bit of what has been going on...

* The back half of my "snow-cation" a bit more eventful. Mom and I HAD to get out of the house by Thursday, so we bumped our wedding dress shopping up a few days and headed to Lugoff to Evelyn's Bridal. I went in a little nervous, and trying on the dresses was a bit surreal. I didn't find one there, but I definitely narrowed down what style I like. I did find a fabulous bridesmaid dress. Mom and I had found one online and knew Evelyn's carried the dress, so I tried it one. It is precious! Seriously, it is so freaking cute! So cute I want one for myself. ADORABLE. Bridesmaids Dresses, check!

* I got this sweet package from our photographer, Lindsay Alexander. It was packaged so nicely, and that made it even more fun to open. All of the important need to know information was included, a few fun goodies, and a sweet handwritten note from Lindsay.

* Since we went to Evelyn's on Thursday, Mom and I made an appointment with Bella Vista on Monday. Yes, we didn't work Monday either, due to MLK Jr. Day. We were both a little nervous as we went into this experience as we didn't know what to expect. We ended up having a wonderful experience and found the.perfect.dress! I love it and it screams "Ashlee." Dress bought, check!

* I managed to get to the gym after the snow and ice cleared, which felt wonderful. It is hard for me to get there sometimes, but once I'm there I'm good to go. And it's a good thing I did, because I haven't gotten back since Monday morning. No worries...tomorrow morning, two classes (at least going to try.)

*We went back to school on Tuesday. I have to admit, after all my unexpected free time, I was happy to be back in a routine. We had a good, busy week back and are ready to start a fresh semester and nine weeks on Monday.

* Tomorrow night my parents are meeting Josh's parents for the first time....I'm hoping my mom has her filter on, only kidding. We are all looking forward to it and hoping it all goes well.

* Today, I went to Cupcake to get some treats for a friend and I couldn't leave without a treat for me, right? This hints the need for some extra time working out tomorrow. It was the first time I have had the the peanut butter one and it is heavenly goodness!



What a great picture to leave you with for the weekend....Happy Weekend!

1 comment: