Saturday, January 8, 2011

Happy Birthday, Happy Year!

Happy Birthday Mom!

My Mom is the absolute best! I know everyone thinks their Mom is the greatest, but seriously, my Mom is pretty fabulous. She is a spunky, crazy, creative, on-the-ball, beautiful, dedicated, witty, funny, loving, and amazing kind of woman. I admire her more than she knows, and only hope I have inherited some of her one of a kind qualities.

Mom, Happy Birthday! I hope you have a wonderful day and I love you!

Today, just so happens to be our "one year anniversary." Every time I say that it seems kind of silly to me at this age, but one year ago today J and I had our first date.

Rewind a year ago, I had had a rough week at work (coincidentally much like this week) and honestly the last thing I wanted to do was go on a blind date...no worries, I have told him this before. But, I went because I had committed to it, and I stick to my commitments. Not only was I struggling to get to the date, but I ended up being 20 minutes late! I had texted him to let him know I was running late, so he wouldn't think I was standing him up. After drinks at the Oyster Bar, I guess he thought I was nice enough to take to dinner, so we then went to dinner at Mr. Friendly's and the rest is history.

Fast forward to now, engaged and beyond happy. Time has flown by and I can't believe everything has happened so fast, but I am loving it. I waited a long time for the right guy to come along and I have found him. Only 427 days until the big day! Ha!

Happy "Anniversary" Josh! I love you too!

No comments:

Post a Comment