Hope y'all had a good weekend!
Monday, January 31, 2011
Saturday, January 29, 2011
And not only are these great meals, Gina has correlated all of her recipes with Weight Watchers points. I HAVE to stay my current size or the fabulous wedding dress will not fit, and that would be a nightmare! It is a great motivator!
If your looking for any light and delicious meals, go visit her site...www.skinnytaste.com!
Tuesday, January 25, 2011
Details of craftsmanship with natural materials surround you. To cook a grand meal in an elegant kitchen is your joy. A bedroom with distinct character - warm and charming. Tempo and technical accumen give a smooth flow to you. Your relaxed table atmosphere is enjoyed by everyone. "Beer is proof that God loves us" Pre-war, upper east side attitude. Always intriguing, never clumsy. .
Suspected "Winsome Charm"
- Tom Hanks
- Robert Redford
- Queen Latifah
Friday, January 21, 2011
* The back half of my "snow-cation" a bit more eventful. Mom and I HAD to get out of the house by Thursday, so we bumped our wedding dress shopping up a few days and headed to Lugoff to Evelyn's Bridal. I went in a little nervous, and trying on the dresses was a bit surreal. I didn't find one there, but I definitely narrowed down what style I like. I did find a fabulous bridesmaid dress. Mom and I had found one online and knew Evelyn's carried the dress, so I tried it one. It is precious! Seriously, it is so freaking cute! So cute I want one for myself. ADORABLE. Bridesmaids Dresses, check!
* I got this sweet package from our photographer, Lindsay Alexander. It was packaged so nicely, and that made it even more fun to open. All of the important need to know information was included, a few fun goodies, and a sweet handwritten note from Lindsay.
* Since we went to Evelyn's on Thursday, Mom and I made an appointment with Bella Vista on Monday. Yes, we didn't work Monday either, due to MLK Jr. Day. We were both a little nervous as we went into this experience as we didn't know what to expect. We ended up having a wonderful experience and found the.perfect.dress! I love it and it screams "Ashlee." Dress bought, check!
* I managed to get to the gym after the snow and ice cleared, which felt wonderful. It is hard for me to get there sometimes, but once I'm there I'm good to go. And it's a good thing I did, because I haven't gotten back since Monday morning. No worries...tomorrow morning, two classes (at least going to try.)
*We went back to school on Tuesday. I have to admit, after all my unexpected free time, I was happy to be back in a routine. We had a good, busy week back and are ready to start a fresh semester and nine weeks on Monday.
* Tomorrow night my parents are meeting Josh's parents for the first time....I'm hoping my mom has her filter on, only kidding. We are all looking forward to it and hoping it all goes well.
* Today, I went to Cupcake to get some treats for a friend and I couldn't leave without a treat for me, right? This hints the need for some extra time working out tomorrow. It was the first time I have had the the peanut butter one and it is heavenly goodness!
What a great picture to leave you with for the weekend....Happy Weekend!
Wednesday, January 12, 2011
Tuesday, January 11, 2011
While I was slowly making it down the road, I heard this song. It is probably not new, but new to me, as I am coming out of my 24 hour Christmas music marathon. I love the "When Harry Met Sally" beginning to the video and thought it was so sweet...
Could this be a possible first dance contender? I think so.
Monday, January 10, 2011
Saturday, January 8, 2011
My Mom is the absolute best! I know everyone thinks their Mom is the greatest, but seriously, my Mom is pretty fabulous. She is a spunky, crazy, creative, on-the-ball, beautiful, dedicated, witty, funny, loving, and amazing kind of woman. I admire her more than she knows, and only hope I have inherited some of her one of a kind qualities.
Mom, Happy Birthday! I hope you have a wonderful day and I love you!
Today, just so happens to be our "one year anniversary." Every time I say that it seems kind of silly to me at this age, but one year ago today J and I had our first date.
Rewind a year ago, I had had a rough week at work (coincidentally much like this week) and honestly the last thing I wanted to do was go on a blind date...no worries, I have told him this before. But, I went because I had committed to it, and I stick to my commitments. Not only was I struggling to get to the date, but I ended up being 20 minutes late! I had texted him to let him know I was running late, so he wouldn't think I was standing him up. After drinks at the Oyster Bar, I guess he thought I was nice enough to take to dinner, so we then went to dinner at Mr. Friendly's and the rest is history.
Fast forward to now, engaged and beyond happy. Time has flown by and I can't believe everything has happened so fast, but I am loving it. I waited a long time for the right guy to come along and I have found him. Only 427 days until the big day! Ha!
Happy "Anniversary" Josh! I love you too!
So, no further delay....Welcome 2011! My dear friends Kate and Alex invited us down to Fripp Island to ring in the new year. It was a wonderful weekend doing what we do best at Fripp....eating, relaxing, laughing, resting, and spending time with fabulous people. I did not take many pictures, mainly because I was meeting some of the people down there for the first or second time and I didn't want to be Kate's weird friend taking random pictures, but I did manage to snap a few just in time to welcome 2011.
Take 3...And, I finally realized what he was doing...
Monday, January 3, 2011
1. SAVE, SAVE, SAVE.
Money that is. The plan is to get the credit card paid off between now and getting my tax return money, which will be a big help. I also want (and need) to save money for my upcoming wedding. AND if possible start putting some money into my current saving account as well because I'm afraid we are going to be busting at the seems in this little house of mine in the near future. With as much as I love to shop, this could be difficult to do, but most certainly possible.
2. Get to the gym REGULARLY.
As much as I'm tempted to, I'm not going to go overboard and say six days a week because I know that is just not going to happen. Realistically between now and the time the school year is over I would love to get there three to four times a week, and more in the summer.
Both for fun and professionally. Being the nerd that I am there are a stack of books that I would love to read professionally, but I know I need to have balance. So, instead of the TV taking me to bed every night, I want to try to begin reading myself to sleep. Yes, I know it may take a while to finish a book that way, but it is a start. One book I have been wanting to read for a while and have heard great things about is this one...
I also saw this on another blog and think it might be right up my alley...light and fun chick lit.
4. Leave work at work.
Again, the inner nerd in me coming out. There is so much to be done and just not enough hours in the day, but I have found in the past that I can easily let work consume me. My plan? Stay late one day and leave school by 4 on the other days.In hopes of being actually being successful, I tried to choose very practical and obtainable goals. Now to putting them in action...Good Luck to all with your own resolutions!