Sunday, November 1, 2009

26 Days of Thanksgiving

While I was perusing through others blogs and going from link to link, I came upon this great idea! So I am going to steal...I actually like the word use better...this idea. (She said she we should play along, so maybe I am just borrowing the idea.) Moving from October to November means shifting our focus from Halloween to Thanksgiving. We all have so much to be thankful for and many times our lives are so busy we get stuck thinking about what we don't have (at least I do). Everyday I am going to list 5 things I am thankful for. Here it goes!

1. I am thankful for my mom. She is a beautiful, driven, real women who is an inspiration to me everyday. She is a fabulous and talented decorator who is always thinking outside the box. She always wants for best for me, even when I can't see what's best for me. And as much as I hate to say this.....she is always (most of the time) right. I guess that's what you realize as you get older.

2. I am thankful for my dad. My dad has always been there to comfort me. I will always remember the days when he sat on the side of my bed, as I was in tears, telling me everything is going to be okay. He has set an amazing example at working hard to get what you want. And even through that rough exterior at times, he has a great heart.

3. I am thankful for my brother. He always knows how to make me laugh. He has an amazing ability to use his wit to get out of anything. I don't think I have ever told him, but I am extremely proud of all the accomplishments he has experienced in his life and his desire to reach his goals. I know there is only great things in his future.

4. I am thankful for the time with Mama Inish and Papa. My grandparents were the greatest people. Mama Inish had the kindest heart, while Papa the strong and silent type showed so much love to his family. It was only until my grandmother passed away that I realized how much my grandfather loved her. I only hope to find that one day. I will always remember the summers I went to spend with them in Nashville. They set a wonderful example of how to live my life and I think of them daily. I am thankful for the 23 years I had to spend with them.

5. I am thankful for my grandparents, cousins, aunts, and uncles. Although I may not get to see them often, I love them dearly and wish we could visit more often.

Do you see a theme? Family.

What are you thankful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment