Saturday, November 28, 2009

Can't we all just play nice?

The Rivalry....it's an ugly thing.

As I sit here reflecting on today's game, I am starting to think that the Clemson/Carolina rivalry pulls the bad out of everyone. I like to think everyone has a nice, classy side to them, but for some reason it disappears the weekend of the game. Why? I like for my team to win with the best of them, but really is it worth all the trash talking? I know every team has fans who aren't the best behaved (mine included), it comes with the territory and it's a shame that teams are characterized by those few or by those few people someone may be friends with who just act obnoxious. I am sure the nice fans out number the ones who are well, aren't so nice.

So, can't we all just play nice and be happy for our team and leave the others alone?


Now, I know what some of you are thinking....you are just saying this because Clemson lost. But I will respond with no, this is really how I feel. I also know that if we had won there would be those Clemson fans running their mouths too. I will talk and play around with the banter, but I try to remember that no one knows the outcome of the game. I may slip up every once in a while, but no one is perfect, right? I try just to cheer my team on and leave the other teams out of it. In the grand scheme of things, it's just a ballgame, right?

No excuses for Clemson's performance today. We didn't show up ready to play and we didn't deserve to win. Lets focus our attention on getting ready for next week and hope we play better than we did today. Go Tigers!

No comments:

Post a Comment